We draw your attention that the publication in the journals “The Odessa Medical Journal” and “Achievements of Biology and Medicine” is requiring payment. The payment takes place after reviewing articles and approvement for printing, which the authors are informed about.
As for questions of payment for articles publication one should call to Vera Grygorivna Likhachova, telephone number +38 (097) 977-23-31 (м.), e-mail: email@example.com.
Copy of the payment receipt shoul be sent by post by the address: Odessa National Medical University, editorial office, (the title of the journal) Valikhovsky lane, 2, Odessa, 65082 or by fax +38 (048) 723-22-15 for V. G. Likhachova.
Editorial Board considers only the articles being up to the journal thematics and the following requirements.
1. The article is sent to Editorial Board in two copyrights with signatures of all authors. It is accompanied by the directive to Editorial Board with a signature of the director and a stamp of the establishment. The authors of our country have to give conclusions of experts allowing an open publication as well as information about the authors with indication of surname, name and patronymic (in full), scientific rank, working place, post, address, phone and fax numbers. If the materials which are intellectual property of some organizations and have never published before are used in the article, the author should take a permission of each of these organizations on the publication.
The authors should indicate the name of a chapter to which the article is sent. The main chapters of the journal are following: “Fundamental problems of medicine and biology”, “The latest medical and biological technologies”, “Original researches”, “Reviews”, “Information, chronicle, anniversaries”. More detailed information of the content of headings (sections) is presented on the 3rd page of cover.
2. Articles, which have been already published in other editions or were submitted for publication to some editions at the same time, as well as the works which are a remake of the articles published before and do not contain new scientific material or new scientific comprehension of already known material are not submitted. For the violation of this condition full responsibility rests with the author.
3. The language of the articles is Ukrainian for home authors, Russian for foreign authors.
The material of the article should be placed in the following order:
а) UDC index;
b) initials and the last name of the author (authors);
c) title of the article;
d) a complete name of the establishment (establishments) where the work was done, city, country;
e) statement of a problem in general and its connection with important scientific and practical tasks;
f) analysis of the modern researches and publications, in which the given problem was initiated and which the author is guided by;
g) pointing out the parts of general problem which were not resolved before;
h) formulation of the aim of the article (raising a task);
i) statement of the basic material with complete substantiation of obtained scientific results;
j) conclusions from the given research and perspectives of subsequent works in this direction;
l) two abstracts — in Russian and English up to 800 printing letters after the following scheme: UDC index, initials and the last name of author (authors), title of the article, text of the abstract, key words (no more than five).
5. The volume of original and other types of the articles must not exceed 8 typewritten pages, reviews — 10, short messages — 2.
Notes: general volume contains all the publication elements, i.e. headings, an article or a message, references, abstracts, key words, tables (no more than three), graphical data (no more than 2 drawings or fotos), except the information about authors. The papers containing pictures, tables and so on are expelled from general counting.
6. Text is printed on a standard paper of A4 format (width of fields: from the left, above and below — 2 cm, from the right — 1 cm), a page should contain no more than 32 lines with 64 signs in each.
The SI (System International) should be used in the articles.
The chemical and mathematical formulas are inprinted or put down. The structural formulas are designed as figures. In formulas there are marked out: small and large letters (large ones by two hyphens from below, small ones — by two hyphens from above by a lead pencil); the Latin letters are underlined with a dark blue pencil; Greek ones — with a red pencil; subscript and superscript letters — by an arc line with a lead pencil.
It is obligatory to send the computer version of the article on a disket or a disk CD ROM in two copies. Text should be sent in Times New Roman (Times New Roman Cyr), 14 points, 1.5-spacing throughout the text and saved in files of such formats as Word for Windows and RTF (Reach Text Format).
You should not import any tables, drawings, and pictures in the text.
7. Tables can be created by means of that text-processor which is used for the basic text type-setting. They should be on a separate page with its legend doubled-spaced above the table.
8. Grafical data can be sent in such programms as Excel, MS Graph and given in the separate files of the proper formats, and also in such formats as TIF, CDR, or WMF. Resolution for drawing originals must be 300–600 dpi B&W, for foto originals — 200–300 dpi Grey Scale (256 gradations of gray). Width of graphical originals — 8.5 and 17.5 cm.
Pictures and their legends are done separately from one another. All the picture legends are given on a separate paper. You should mark the heading and the number of the article with a pencil on the back side of every picture, if it is necessary, you should mark top and bottom.
You should mark the proper places for pictures and tables on fields of the manuscript. The information presented in tables and pictures cannot be dublicated.
9. The list of references is designed according to DSTU GOST 7.1:2006, Abbreviations of words and word combinations are given according to DSTU 3582-97, GOST 7.12-93 and 7.11-78.
We draw your attention to the fact that the literature list design is essentially different from the previous one according to a new State Ukrainian standard (SUS). The persons who have not a full text of SUS may find it at the site of the Odessa Medical University, where examples of the literature list design are given. Access by the reference http://odmu.edu.ua/index.php?v=1179.
Список літературних джерел повинен містити перелік праць за останні 5 років і лише в окремих випадках — більш ранні публікації. В оригінальних роботах цитують не більше 10 джерел, а в оглядах — до 30. До списку літературних джерел не слід включати роботи, які ще не надруковані.
References are given in square brackets according to the literature list numeration. Literature in a list should be composed according to the reference order in the article. If the articles are of the same author, they should be presented in a chronological order.
It should be reference on each work in a reference list.
10. Editorial Board has the right to review, correct and refuse those articles which don’t meet Editorial Board requirements without explaining the grounds. Manuscripts are not returned back.
In order to increase responsibility of a reviewer for the recommended work, under the article one writes his scientific degree, scientific rank, initials and last name, excluding the articles, presented by members of NAS and governmental academies of Ukraine.
11. The articles sent to the authors for correcting should be returned back until three days after the receipt. There can be allowed mistakes only in a type-setting in an author’s proof-reading.
12. You should send the articles to the following address:
Editorial committee of the journal “Achievements of Biology and Medicine”, The Odessa National Medical University, Valihovsky lane, 2, Odessa, 65082, Ukraine.